Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Europe bound...

October 23,2010
Ian and I will board a plane from LAX to Barcelona, Spain for our first trip to Europe after arriving we will board Celebrity Constellation for a 7 day cruise along the Mediterranean. We are both so excited since this is a dream come true for both of us. We are far from world travelers, but we truly enjoy packing our bags and visiting new places around the world. We recently purchased a globe and we plan on labeling it with the dates when we visited far off lands. This trip will be a bit challenging since our longest flight was to Tahiti for our Honeymoon and traveling with Ian is like traveling with a toddler (a close friend shared some advice," she said pack a roll of painters tape it keeps kids occupied for hours"...if only it were that easy!). For Ian I have a laptop, movies, games, music, books, cross words and if those don't work sleeping pills. Here are some items I believe are necessary for my trip to Europe.
Boots are always a fun and comfortable way to accessorize while being on your feet for long hours.
Comfy and stylist flats are a must!

A hat not only protects you from the sun, but covers that messy hair after 10 hrs. of sight seeing!
Cross Body bags make travel so much easier, since you need to be hands free in order to shop and snap amazing pics.
A large carry-on bag for my book, water, magazines, a light sweater, make-up, Ipod, Laptop and snacks!
Noise Canceling ear phone to keep your music in and the crying children( or whining 27 year old husbands) out.
A good book is key. I am not much of a reader but I enjoyed her two first books so I will give this one a try.
I will need a neck pillow since I am planning on taking sleeping pills to get some shut eye :)
Staying hydrated in important on an flight.
A good moisturizing lip gloss is important, because the air in airplanes always drys out my lips and skin. Throw in a body moisturizer as well....
And.....let's not forget about our best friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment