Monday, August 23, 2010

It is finished!!

After 2 long weeks the room is done! My inspiration for this space came from a simple art piece and I went from there...
" Keep Calm and Carry On"
I knew Ian would like this, since it is how he lives his life.


I did not get a photo of the room before we started, but here is an idea of the large desk and baby blue paint color (which was there when we moved in 3 years ago).

 Taped and Ready to go...     

 The Stripe   
Here it is, the finished room!
Bella loves her new room!
 My style is definitely 70's inspired.
This letter C was blue and a little spray paint changed it to the canary yellow that I wanted.



 Hope this inspires you to find a piece you love
and then design, re-create, decorate, design and make something beautiful!

 My Finds...
*First accent my paint color- Vespar
*Stripe Idea-Vespar
*Futon Cover- Bed Bath & Beyond
*New desk- recycled from college
*Pillows- Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Thrift Store
*Art work- Marshalls, Home Goods
*Chandelier- an antique from my grandparents



1 comment: